The Organizing Committee invites submission of abstracts related to the conference theme – Embracing Complexity in Health: The Transformation of Science, Practice, and Policy. Abstracts that explore the advances in complexity and systems sciences with implications for health and healthcare, complexity science-informed strategies for health policy, leadership, improvement of health and healthcare, and healthcare practice are welcomed.
This is an interdisciplinary conference fostering exchange and collaboration amongst scientists, students, social and environmental services advocates, health professionals, patients, educators, and healthcare executives and policy makers.
The goal of the organizers is to highlight the fresh perspectives and novel approaches these young sciences are bringing to the health and healthcare fields. Some examples include, but are no means limited to:
- New insights into human physiology and how they can be employed to improve health and healthcare
- Advances in research methods
- Innovative approaches to health policy development and healthcare reform
- Promising strategies for tackling complex health issues like obesity, opioid abuse, healthcare quality, rising costs
- New insights into healthcare leadership and engagement of healthcare professionals in improvement
- Preparing the next generation of health professionals to understand and use complexity and system sciences
- Fresh insights into how learning happens and can be fostered in health systems
- How networks can be used to impact disease prevention
Abstracts shall be for posters and oral presentations. Oral presentations will be for short Ted-Talks (5 to 10 minutes). Following the Ted-Talks presenters will have the opportunity to explore their topic in more depth in several small group sessions with interested conference attendees.
This educational approach, used with great success in the 2016 conference, will allow for many abstracts to be featured and a wide range of topics to be explored.
Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words.
Proceedings from the conference will be published by Springer. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit short manuscripts for inclusion in the proceedings. Here is information on proceedings from the 2014 conference.
The Value of Systems and Complexity Sciences for Healthcare
Editors: Sturmberg, Joachim P. (Ed.)
September 15 – Submission deadline for oral presentations and poster abstracts
September 30 – Abstract acceptance decisions announced